The Munari mill started business in 1751, the year in which the family took over the running of the mill and obtained 50% ownership from the Cappello family. Documents owned by the Munari family testify that as early as 1621 the Cappello family were the sole proprietors, however the origins of the mill date back to at least 1470, when a map (still existent today) was drawn of the new Anselmi mill. In 1807 the Munari family became sole proprietors. From 1751 to the present day the mill has been handed down directly to eight generations within the family.
The expansion of the mill has continued throughout the centuries, from the three hydraulic wheels used by the Anselmi family, to the five used in the mid 1800s for grinding wheat, oil seed and sulphur.
In 1921, as a result of improved cylinder grinding techniques, activities took on a decidedly industrial aspect and the rate of technical updating intensified. From post World War II onwards, the sole production of flour was no longer sufficient, and the problem of quality and hygiene became increasingly important. Part of the mill became a test laboratory in an integral and essential change required to guarantee the purchase of specific grains for specific requirements. Thanks to continuous adaptation and increased milling capacity, the Munari company has expanded notably over the years, dominating the extremely demanding and specialised market at national level for its structural characteristics and particular skills.
The current line of products ranges from flours for bakeries and sweetmeats to heat treated flours, semi-processed flours for special breads, to toasted bran and malt products.